CATEGORY 9: DESTINATION MARKETING CATEGORY
This is a Marketing Category Award
This category recognises creativity and innovation in a fully integrated marketing campaign that is proven to be successful in the international marketplace. A campaign can be a single promotional activity or a series of related promotions, initiated in the last 12-18 months.
Entry is open to, but not limited to, all tourism operators, tourism organisations and marketing alliances.
Strategic Rationale 10 points
Business Case 20 points
Strategy 10 points
Tactical Delivery & Integration 20 points
Measurable Results 10 points
Additional information 15 points
NOTE: For short-listed applicants, the site inspection will be 15 points
Entry Guidelines Criteria Assessment:
Strategic Rationale – 10 points
Provide a general overview of the SWOT analysis of your business/product in relation to the market How real are the opportunity/-ies or the business’ competitive advantage? How you have embedded the market’s intangibles – eg. Social culture, aspirations and motivators of key market segments?
Business Case – 20 points
What were the objectives and targets for the marketing program? Explain the types of resources (if local or exported) you had to collate for this purpose? What were the expected returns (ROI) for the program?
Strategy – 20 points
Explain the strategy/-ies used to implement the marketing plan/s? Who are your target markets & how did you identify them? How did you develop/coordinate the resources and plans to create the desired outcome/s. Did the program involve other partners and what actions did you undertake to establish and coordinate those partnerships
Tactical Delivery & Integration – 10 points
What was/were the communication strategy/-ies used for the marketing plan? Were there any challenges encountered operationally and how were they resolved? How did you capture feedback of visitors’ experience and how did these impact your delivery?
Measurable Results – 10 points
Explain the system that your organization employed to be able to measure outcomes of the program? Identify the measurable outcomes from the marketing program. How effective it was in meeting the strategic goals?
How to Enter:
Step 1: Register your Interest to submit an Application online.
- If you are entering more than one category, a separate registration must be submitted for each. Please ensure you read the submission requirements and criteria for the Category closely before you submit your submission form.
- Registration will be Open from Monday 15 July
- Log onto our FETA website to register: feta.com.fj
- The Secretariat will respond by email to confirm your registration.
- During this period, FETA will also assist with enquiries relating to How to prepare an Application & Enter the Awards.
Step 2: Prepare Your Application/s
- Ensure you provide all required information and attach all required supporting documentation in the format required for the Category
- Ensure you include a completed copy of the Application disclaimer statement.
- Use the Checklist to ensure that you are submitting a complete Application.
Step 3: Submit your Application/s
- Upload your applications to the website OR Email Application as a PDF to [email protected]. Entrants can provide up to 3MB of supporting evidence in a pdf
- Application/s plus supporting evidence attached must not exceed 8MB size.
Entries close 5pm, Monday 15th November, 2019
Conditions of Entry:
- Entry into this Award is open to any entity in the tourism arena that has been trading for a period of 12 months prior to the application close-off date; for 2019 this will be 15th November, 2019.
- The Award will be presented at the discretion of the judges, based on the submissions received;
- If at any time following submission of an application, the business/organisation being put forward goes into administration, voluntary receivership, liquidation or bankruptcy, the entrant is required to advise the Secretariat in writing and accepts that the submission will no longer be eligible for an award.
General Rules and Conditions of Entry:
- The minimum information required in the Criteria Assessment section of your category must be supplied in the format required.
- Supporting evidence & information can then be referenced as relevant & attached to your submission in any format that you choose.
- Strict word counts apply as laid out in the Criteria Assessment section of your category.
- Each category will be judged on key criteria, each criteria being worth points as noted & points will be awarded on ALL information supplied.
- Unanswered criteria will attract zero points.
Applicants are required to note if required criteria is not relevant to their operation & why, or if they are restricted from providing information.
- Judges’ Decisions
The decisions of the ANZ Fiji Excellence in Tourism Award Judging Panel & its Trustees are final.
All information submitted is strictly confidential & assessed only by the Judging Panel.
- Judging & Site Visits
The judging panel consists of a Head Judge and expert judges for each category that judges all applications. The Secretariat and Organising Committee have NO involvement in the judging of submissions.
All submissions will be judged per the criteria as detailed in the Category criteria and on supporting documentation relating to the criteria.
Site visits will be made before final judging. The purpose of a visit is to assess the business being short listed & for verification of claims that may be made within the submission.
Applicants are under no obligation to offer a free experience of their product in their application, & unless there are specific logistic requirements (i.e. special transportation arrangements), visits by judges will not be announced prior to, or declared on arrival to management.
For any questions or clarifications about your application or the entry/submission process, please contact the Secretariat on: P: 679 – 8645087 │E: [email protected] │S: LaveniaRadiva