CATEGORY 13: ACCOMMODATION LUXURY
This is an Accommodation Category Award
This category recognises establishments that exemplify luxury in all areas of operations, with attention to detail in both the facilities design and services that enhance the tourism experience over/above customer expectations. This is a self-nominating category.
5+ star hotels & resorts of specialised design, innovation, exemplary personalised service, food & beverage menus & recreation options in accordance with target market expectations.
How to Enter:
Step 1: Register your Interest to submit an Application online.
- If you are entering more than one category, a separate registration must be submitted for each. Please ensure you read the submission requirements and criteria for the Category closely before you submit your submission form.
- Registration will be Open from Monday 15 July
- Log onto our FETA website to register: feta.com.fj
- The Secretariat will respond by email to confirm your registration.
- During this period, FETA will also assist with enquiries relating to How to prepare an Application & Enter the Awards.
Step 2: Prepare Your Application/s
- Ensure you provide all required information and attach all required supporting documentation in the format required for the Category
- Use the Checklist to ensure that you are submitting a complete Application.
Step 3: Submit your Application/s
- Upload your applications to the website OR Email Application as a PDF to [email protected]. Entrants can provide up to 3MB of supporting evidence in a pdf
- Application/s plus supporting evidence attached must not exceed 8MB size.
Entries close 5pm, Monday 15th November, 2019
Conditions of Entry:
- Entry into this Award is open to any entity in the tourism arena that has been trading for a period of 12 months prior to the application close-off date; for 2019 this will be 15th November, 2019.
- The Award will be presented at the discretion of the judges, based on the submissions received;
- If at any time following submission of an application, the business/organisation being put forward goes into administration, voluntary receivership, liquidation or bankruptcy, the entrant is required to advise the Secretariat in writing and accepts that the submission will no longer be eligible for an award.
General Rules and Conditions:
- The minimum information required in the Criteria Assessment section of your category must be supplied in the format required.
- Supporting evidence & information can then be referenced as relevant & attached to your submission in any format that you choose.
- Strict word counts apply as laid out in the Criteria Assessment section of your category.
- Each category will be judged on key criteria, each criteria being worth points as noted & points will be awarded on ALL information supplied.
- Unanswered criteria will attract zero points.
Applicants are required to note if required criteria is not relevant to their operation & why, or if they are restricted from providing information.
- Judges’ Decisions
The decisions of the ANZ Fiji Excellence in Tourism Award Judging Panel & its Trustees are final.
All information submitted is strictly confidential & assessed only by the Judging Panel.
- Judging & Site Visits
The judging panel consists of a Head Judge and expert judges for each category that judges all applications. The Secretariat and Organising Committee have NO involvement in the judging of submissions.
All submissions will be judged per the criteria as detailed in the Category criteria and on supporting documentation relating to the criteria.
Site visits will be made before final judging. The purpose of a visit is to assess the business being short listed & for verification of claims that may be made within the submission.
Applicants are under no obligation to offer a free experience of their product in their application, & unless there are specific logistic requirements (i.e. special transportation arrangements), visits by judges will not be announced prior to, or declared on arrival to management.
Product identification 10 points
Marketing 10 points
Customer service & professional development 20 points
Sustainability & innovation 30 points
Additional information 15 points
NOTE: For short-listed applicants, the site inspection will be 15 points
Entry Guidelines Criteria Assessment:
Product Identification – 10 points
- Provide a general overview of the nature & history of your operation. You must demonstrate your eligibility for entry in this category as outlined in the description above.
- Detail your product mix & tariff structure. What facilities &/or services do you offer to enhance the tourism experience for your guests?
Marketing – 10 points
Who are your target markets & how did you identify them?
- Describe the marketing strategies used to attract each target market & detail the success/outcomes of those strategies with supporting documentation where possible.
- What is your distinctive difference & how do you promote it to attract each of your target markets? Demonstrate how potential visitors are provided with an accurate & responsible depiction of what to expect from the experience/product.
Customer Service & Professional Development – 20 points
Explain how you achieve & maintain quality customer service throughout your organization. Consider how you stay abreast of industry developments. Consider your repeat business strategy, feedback collection & change implementation. How do you identify & provide for people with specific needs? State the number of people working in the business & explain how you identify & determine professional development needs. Describe the range of training/skill development programs undertaken, how they were measured, the extent of uptake & outcomes for the business.
Sustainability & Innovation – 30 points
Describe & demonstrate your commitment to sustainability. Describe how your business engages with the local community values & culture. If local products & services are not available, briefly explain. Describe any innovations that have taken place over the history of your operation to improve your business & the specific benefits achieved. Include innovations that have taken place to improve your visitor experience, infrastructure development, new marketing ideas or sales activities. Innovations do not include routine maintenance or repairs.
Prepare your entry using the following guidelines:
Complete your entry using the same heading as the judging criteria. Maximum of 5 A4 sized pages. Do not exceed the maximum number of pages. Information more than the 5 pages will be ignored. If you wish to elaborate on any aspect of your operation and require additional space use Part B.
Any additional information that you wish to submit including photo’s videos etc.
Your details and disclaimer. State the Category you are entering, (one form for each category) your organisation as it will appear in the awards, your name and contact details (phone and email). You must sign the disclaimer.
Submit your entry online by email to [email protected]
Hard copies of entries are not required.
IMPORTANT: your entry must not exceed a maximum of 20 megabytes. Entries over 20M will be rejected.
For any questions or clarifications about your application or the entry/submission process, please contact the Secretariat on: P: 679 – 8645087 │E: [email protected] │S: LaveniaRadiva